Lucy

Lucy

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Apple Pie

I have been feeling lately like I have a lot to say, like I just want to sit and write and write about Lu, but I don't because I don't think I have anything new to say. It's just the same old, same old, but it always seems new and fresh to me. But it's sad and whiny stuff. Thanksgiving was a little difficult because we were around people that don't see Lu often and I was asked about her hands several times, but in nice ways of course. It made me realize though that things change with her and I just go with it, but then when people ask about it I realize how obvious it must be, since I see her all day every day. And what is especially wonderful to me is the way our families love her so very much and kind of gravitate to her and she just LOVES the adoring attention, but being my hyper-sensitive self, I always see the sadness, the hesitancy, and the desire to not say the wrong thing. And I don't feel hurt by any of those things; our families are being kind and thoughtful, I just hate that they exist at all. That I have to see those things makes me sad. Which then makes me think and think, and want to get it out, but I've already said all of the things I am feeling before. So instead, I'm just going to share this picture of an apple pie I made yesterday and if you look at the bottom edge in the center, you can still faintly see where I helped Lucy use her teeny fingers to pinch the crust shut! It was delish and she loved having a little slice for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment