Lucy

Lucy

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving

Her beautiful blue eyes, her fluffy curly hair, the way her face lights up when she sees something or someone see recognizes and loves, her hugs, the way she rubs my cheek when I'm rocking her, how she plays with my hair when I am holding her or carrying her, her soft skin, her love of books, the way she pats Elmer and gently pulls his fur, when she laughs...a good, loud, real laugh, her cuddling, the patience she has with herself, she is happy more often than not, the adorable way she hugs and squeezes her stuffed animals (and chews voraciously on their faces), how good she is at knocking things down...towers and such, her tiny sweet feet...
I could go on and on and on about the things that I love and cherish about Lucy. But I got a fortune once in a fortune cookie that said: "To worry about what you don't have is to waste what you do have." I feel like sometimes we spend so much time and energy worrying about what Lucy does NOT yet have that it is important to take a big step back and take time to just enjoy all of the awesome things that she does have. There's only a couple of things that Lucy "lacks", but unfortunately they are biggies and a lot of attention has to be given to them all the time.
Chad and I watched a show on the history channel once that said fortune cookies don't really have anything to do with China or Chinese food and that they were first created in like New York or California, which kind of made me sad because it took the magic out of the whole fortune cookie experience for me. But every now and again a fortune comes along in those irrelevant cookies that really makes sense to me...I even keep it in my wallet. This one helps me to remember all of the wonderful things about my daughter that get pushed aside sometimes for the worrying of what she doesn't have...yet.

2 comments:

  1. This is so true! We all need to spend more time thinking about what we do have.

    ReplyDelete