Lucy

Lucy

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Two years ago...

While looking for a picture to add to my newest Mothering article, I happened upon these pictures below. They are from when Lu was about a year old. This was back when she could hold her cup, eat a Mum Mum with her hands, and sit criss-cross applesauce. She has lost these skills and it is hard to remember the time when she had them.

We are about to celebrate Lu's third birthday in a few days and I am super excited for it, so I apologize for writing this downer of a post. There are just some things that I can't not share, even if they are sad. This is the reality of Rett Syndrome. But...another reality of Rett Syndrome is the joy Chad and I glean from each and every tiny accomplishment of Lucy's. Yesterday she said with her PODD, "Let's go, visit, my, new, bedroom". Today I helped her walk from the living room all the way to the car and back again when we returned home from our errands. Sometimes a word pops right out of her mouth, clear as a bell, usually "yeah", "Da", "Mo(m)".

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you have the facts of life..."



No comments:

Post a Comment